Friday, January 20, 2006

Joe McGinty: Baby Steps, Giant Songs

Just what a great songwriter he is was revealed by Joe McGinty at Pete's Candy Store in Williamsburg on Wednesday. The leader of the losers lounge played a couple of great tunes which could be big hits if played by the right bands or vocalists: "Kiss me, stupid" for example would be a perfect Abba song, while "She was the hippie's daughter" could be a nice XTC or TV Personalities tune and "In the Hall of Fame" should be given to Interpol or the Strokes, if they would get the irony. Great material! Joe and the losers have their biggest gig so far coming up: They will be performing Burt Bacharach hits at the Lincoln Center. Now, of course, they cant really call themselves losers, anymore, can they?

Joe McGinty: Baby Steps, Giant Songs

Joe hitting the keys at the Candy Store with a little help from a friend

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This show was great! I agree!

Anonymous said...

I was out blog surfing looking for some info on baby furniture philadelphia when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for baby furniture philadelphia. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about baby furniture philadelphia at the site above.

Anonymous said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on robeez baby shoes I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for robeez baby shoes. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about robeez baby shoes.

Anonymous said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on baby girl gift basket I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for baby girl gift basket. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about baby girl gift basket.